Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Sad

For grief is felt not so much for the want of what we have never known, as for the loss of that to which we have been long accustomed.
~ Pericles
- - - - -

I don't have a lot of faith in politics. I think there is something wrong with a system where there has to be something wrong with you to want to lead the system. I mean, there is something wrong with all of us, but to want to be in - no, to even want to run for president. I don't understand that.

I do understand why you'd want to be on the Supreme Court. But that isn't what this blog is about. It could be what this blog is about. Because the Supreme Court is awesome.

Anyway, recently I finished watching the series "The West Wing." It was very upsetting to me. Especially at the end I was very sad.  I was sad that no matter who runs in real life, we won't ever have candidates as good as Democratic Martin Sheen or Democratic Jimmy Smits or Republican Alan Alda.

But who knows? Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

(pause)

I'm sure I'll be surprised, in fact. I just lack confidence that it will be pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment