Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

BIRTHDAY!

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
~ Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
- - - - -

Today is Leslie's birthday. I don't think she worries too much about getting older. If she does she doesn't say much about it.

I worry, though.

I mostly worry about her vocabulary. She's using old people vocabulary. The other day she used the word "fisticuffs" and last night she used the word - I forget what word it was.

Actually, now that I think about it maybe I should be more worried about the fact that I can't remember what that other word was than the fact that she is using old timey language.

Anyway, I said, "You're talking like an old person. You just said [whatever the word was that I forgot] and last night you said 'fisticuffs'!"

She said, "I always say fisticuffs."

I asked, "When?!" 

She said, "When I'm talking about fisticuffs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment