Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2018

Tchotchkes

You know what? There aren't a lot of quotes that use the word "tchotchke."
~ Michelle Boettcher
- - - - -

I love antique stores or junk shops or whatever you want to call them. I sometimes buy things, but I mostly like to look at things from days of yore and think, "What in the world were they thinking in days of yore?!"

Leslie goes with me sometimes. I think she really likes it even though she pretends she doesn't like it as much as I do.

Me: (in a store like the ones described above) What is this thing? Is it a bottle opener?

Leslie: I think it's a tchotchke.

Me: You know who loves tchotchkes?

Leslie: Not me.

Me: Joanie.

(It makes me sad for younger generations who will never really understand how funny that is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment