Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Speed

The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue.
~ Edward R. Murrow
- - - - -

Edward R. Murrow was born in 1908 and died in 1965. I'm not sure exactly when he said the above quote, but he could have said it today. Well, he couldn't because he is dead, but I mean the comment is still relevant today. 

Sometimes I get frustrated at how things are right now. There are issues with the media and with whether facts are true and whether I can say something but expect you not to believe or worry about it because it isn't what I mean. And by "I" I don't mean just me. I mean everyone. I don't mean everyone. I just mean the the people who say something and then say, "I didn't say that" and then see video of them saying that and say, "You know that isn't what I meant."

I mean those people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment