Search This Blog

Friday, April 7, 2017

Fair

The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars, and the selfish hide in high places.
~ Bryant H. McGill
- - - - -

The other day I was in the grocery store and an old woman offered me a beautiful apple. I asked her what kind it was. She said, "It is an Envy apple." I thanked her and took it.

When I got home, I ate it. It was one of the best apples I have ever had. I liked it a lot. 

Then I felt sleepy. 

Then the seven little men with whom I live (don't ask. it's complicated) put me in a glass case. 

(pause)

Okay, other than the fact that I ate an apple the other day, most of that isn't true. It WAS called an "Envy" apple. I hadn't had that kind before. It WAS very, very good.

On a very, very, very loosely related note...

The Elbert County Fair is the fair of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment