Search This Blog

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Grandparenting

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.
~ Alex Haley
- - - - -

I have heard people say that youth is wasted on the young. I think maybe that grandparenting is wasted on the old. I wonder what the world would be like if people were grandparents first and parents second. 

(pause)

No, that's probably a bad idea. Kids would be even more spoiled than they already are and no one would go visit grandma because she would be so mean. 

Sometimes you know what you're doing, universe.

PS. I am in no way calling Leslie old just because her photo is here. She's a super-young and super-awesome Grandma. (I hope I wrote that down the way she told me to...)

No comments:

Post a Comment