Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Birthday

My mother thinks I am the best. And I was raised to always believe what my mother tells me.
~ Diego Maradona
- - - - -
Today is my mom's birthday. I'm pretty glad she was born because I'm pretty happy with my life and I'm not sure how that would have happened if she hadn't been born.
I am pretty sure that my birth was one of the highlights of her life. It was one of the highlights of my life, too. We have that in common.
I once heard a saying, "You should celebrate the day of your birth by thanking your children. They have made your life full and rich and rewarding. Especially the oldest child. Especially if the oldest is a daughter. There is nothing more special than that. So celebrate your birthday by giving your eldest - especially if it is an eldest daughter - gifts and money and words of great praise."
I can't remember the source.

No comments:

Post a Comment