Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Life


Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect.
~ Margaret Mitchell
- - - - -
I have very high expectations about some things.  I hope I have high expectations for my students because they are phenomenal and I would hate to underestimate them.  I have high expectations for my friends (which is why I'm kinda picky about who they are).  I have high expectations for myself about most things.
That said, I don't think expecting the heat to work in all the rooms of the house you are renting is an overly high expectation.  At least my landlord didn't lie to me.  I had one like that.  I'm holding off on revenging because I figure karma will get him.  And I live far away from him now.
But I'm not 100% convinced that this house was actually built without heat going to the bedroom.  Maybe.  Don't know why they'd put vents in if there wasn't heat going there.
As I have said before, though...  Sometimes I'm glad when not so good things happen because someday they will make for great material for my book or screenplay.
Also, it doesn't get too cold here, so I shouldn't complain.  
Also, if you go beyond simply complaining in a regular and predictable way, does that mean that you "comfancy"?
Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment