Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Matching

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
~ Emo Phillips
- - - - -

Just because you put things together doesn't mean that they always match.  Like chicken casserole and a squeezy pouch.  It has been said before, but I'll say it here - just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something.

Leslie told me that her dad used to wear clothes together that didn't match. Then he would say that they went together because it was his favorite shirt and his favorite tie and his favorite pants.  Something like that.  While I often take creative license in this blog, I am not trying to reconstruct that narrative because it's a great story.

Well, not too long ago, I realized that just because you like things doesn't mean that they will always go together.  I learned that before with people.  There are some people I like but that doesn't mean they get along together.

Also, just because you like chicken wings and you also like Brussels sprouts, it doesn't mean that they make a cohesive meal.  And by "it doesn't meant that they make a cohesive meal" what I really mean is that they weren't good together when I had them.  

But I'd also probably eat them every day for a week before I would want to eat chicken casserole from a bag.  Unless I was an astronaut.  But if I was an astronaut, I might get tired of food in a bag and might kind of crave Brussels sprouts and chicken wings.

Crazy space people.

No comments:

Post a Comment