Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Skink

The secret to humor is surprise.
~ Aristotle
 
How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised
at anything which happens in life.
~ Marcus Aurelius
- - - - -
 
So Aristotle and Marcus Aurelius were not contemporaries, but I wonder if they would have gotten along if they had been.  The quotes above seem to indicate that maybe they would not.  Maybe Marcus Aurelius didn't have a sense of humor.  Or maybe Aristotle was just tuned in to the secrets of humor.
 
Either way, I bet neither of them ever had a skink in their house.  Or if they did, I bet they were both surprised by it.

I'm no ancient philosopher guy, but I was sure surprised by the skink in my house.  And I thought it was kind of funny.

I don't think the skink thought it was funny when I predatored him and caught him in a box and put him outside.  But I don't know what skinks think.  That said, I do think "What Skinks Think" would be a good title for a children's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment