Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

Crisis

If you feel irritated or threatened by others' beliefs, it's a sign that you're experience a crisis of confidence.
~ Toba Beta
- - - - -
I have to admit that I can be irritable.  I'm sure I can be irritating, too, but I tend to notice when I am irritated more than when others are irritated by me.  That's okay, I guess.  Or at least human. 
I'm not sure when I get irritated by others if it constitutes a crisis of confidence.  Maybe.  Maybe I am unsure of myself or my beliefs or my approaches to things.  Maybe.  Or maybe I just haven't gotten enough sleep. 
Or maybe my irritation is just a cover for when I am hurt or unsure.  A cover for that crisis of confidence.  It could be.  Maybe the following text I sent to Leslie is evidence of that:
Me: I had a cranky day today.  Better now that it is over.  People were just gratin on my nerves.  Grating.  Not gratin.
Or maybe I DID mean gratin.  Maybe the ways others were irritating me were just a crumby, cheesy crust over my nerves and my concerns.

(pause)

No.  I don't think that is what I meant.


No comments:

Post a Comment