Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2015

Old

Look back and smile on perils past.
~ Walter Scott
- - - - -

I wonder about past lives sometimes.  And how most of the time people are told that their past lives were spent as people and not cave people.  "You were a coal miner in West Virginia in 1917," or "You were a clarinetist in a jazz band in 1922," or "You were a cook in a home for wayward children in 1938."  But never, "Your name was Zorag and you were a cave-dweller."

I wonder if I was Zorag the cave-dweller.  And if I was - even if I lived in a cave with no door and lots of bugs and stuff around - I bet I still got freaked out if a spider crawled on me.

And, yes, I realize that I probably didn't have access to even a broken gristmill wheel thing at the time, but this was the only old stone agey picture I could find.  Of course maybe Zorag also invented the wheel.  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment