Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Kindness


Next time you're a victim of someone else's bitterness, anger, insecurity or bullying, just remember that things could be worse.. you could be them. Do not further enrage them, just let them be.. Imagine how much pain they're in that they have to treat people like dirt in order to feel good about themselves. Be kind to unkind people, not because they're nice, but because you are!
~ Buddhist Boot Camp
- - - - -

The other day Rachel and I were Google chatting and we were talking about how you really have to work to be nice to not nice people.  I told her I read a quote about that (see above).  While I was trying to find that quote, she asked, "Is it about how the Dalai Lama says when someone sends violence and judgment and ridicule at him, he absorbs the hurt, brings it to his heart, transforms it and sends it out into the world as love?"

I responded, "No.  But I should try that.  It sounds a lot nicer than flipping people off and calling them assholes...  in my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment