Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Time

They say that time heals all wounds, unfortunately it's not just time.  It's what you do during that time that will allow wounds to heal.  Time by itself is not enough.
~ Billy Lewis
- - - - -
 
Sometimes time goes quickly and sometimes it goes slowly.  I don't think I'm the first person to notice this.  In fact I'm almost sure that I'm not the first person to notice this.  But we can help one another pass time which helps the time pass.
 
Like if someone is waiting for something - a birthday, a gift, for their child to make a bunch of money and support them forever - it can seem like time stands still.
 
A while ago Rachel texted me.  She was waiting for a reimbursement. 
 
Rachel:  Did my reimbursement hit?
 
Me:  No.  You aren't getting any reimbursements.  Ever.
 
(pause)
 
Me: I think you may have mistexted me.
 
Rachel:  I was about to get real indignant!
 
Me: I should have waited.  I like indignancy.  From a distance.
 
Also, distance can feel different from one moment to the next.  Like the same amount of time can be slow or fast, the same amount of distance can feel near or far.  I felt close enough to Rachel to make that joke, but far enough away that I knew she wouldn't be able to do me any physical harm.  And that is a time and space I like to occupy in general with all people.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment