Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Walking

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
~ Buddha
- - - - -

I like going for walks sometimes. I used to not like winter because I didn't feel like I could do that, but there have been a couple of times this winter where I have gone ahead and gone on walks even though it was cold and snowy. It wasn't so bad. Once I walked to see eagles...


and the other time I walked to the Des Moines Asian Gardens...


The photo at the beginning of this entry was taken behind the Des Moines Art Center in the fall when it was much warmer and there was no snow. And I will not lie to you, dear blogreader. I prefer the fall. I'm just trying to make the most out of this cold season. It's my way of rebelling against the inter in "winter."

No comments:

Post a Comment