Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Art

[Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
~ Al Capp
- - - - -

For the record, I do not necessarily agree with Al Capp.

And now, for your daily blog entry...

Yesterday I was in our basement and I saw two pieces of art.  The first was purple and unfinished and looked very interesting.  I asked Elizabeth if it was hers.

Elizabeth:  Yes.  Do you like it?

Maddie:  It is NOT yours, Elizabeth!  I made that.

Michelle:  Whose is it?

Chris:  Maddie's
Elizabeth:  Mine
Maddie:  Mine

Maddie:  It's mine.  It was supposed to be a flower, but I got frustrated and I quit.

Elizabeth then brought out her canvas.  It was spotted with paint of lots of different colors.

Michelle:  Jackson Pollock!

Elizabeth:  Yeah.  In art we had to do an artist and a bunch of kids wanted to do Jackson Pollock and then they flung paint all over and used up all the paint, so the teacher said no one else could do Jackson Pollock.

No comments:

Post a Comment