Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Roadtrip

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
~ Lewis Carroll
- - - - -

I love road trips.  I like to drive and see what there is to see and take my time and make stops when I see interesting things.  And there are interesting things all over the place.  And beautiful things.  Funny and curious things.  Even sorta scary things.  And I enjoy almost all of them.

When I was a little kid I used to get car sick.  So did Erik.  That made road trips not so much fun.  I remember we had a little bag of special toys that we only played with when we were going on car trips - usually to visit my grandparents in Rake, IA.  I remember that if I ever saw that special stuff when I was at home, I would get queasy.

I think that my parents were trying to create a bag of fun that would make our car trips go more quickly since we were kind of whiny about the car sick thing.  Instead they created a bag of nausea triggers.  Oh well, you can't win them all.  I do however know some people who can whine them all.  They're buckets of joy, let me assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment