Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

Learning

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- - - - -

As I was preparing to leave one institution for a new one, I went through journals and papers and books and other documents.  I was able to reflect on my time and look back at what I learned or what questions I had at a given time.  In some cases, I now have the answers or no longer worry about the same questions.  In other instances, the questions persist and I continue to wrestle with dilemmas and points of confusion.

Part of why I journal is to keep track of my questions.  To see if there are themes to them over time.  Or to see how my answers change from one year (or month or minute) to the next.

And I learn a lot about myself through this process.  For example, I found a document entitled, "Taunting Colleagues" from several years ago.  So I learned, yep - I've always been into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment