Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Gorillas

The more you learn about the dignity of the gorilla, 
the more you want to avoid people.
~ Dian Fossey
- - - - - 
From a past email conversation...

Rose: Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Me: I'm going to do a 5K dressed in a gorilla suit and break the world record for most people in gorilla suits.  You?

Rose: See, I'm never quite sure (if I can't see you face) if you are being serious or not.

Me: Of course I'm serious.

Rose: Well, I didn't think you were a runner.

Me: I'm not. 

Rose: But then I thought it sounded like something you might do. Do you have to buy a gorilla suit? Or do you already own one?

Me: NO! Of course I don't own one! You get one when you sign up. Why do you think I'm doing this race?!

Rose: Well, have a good time.

Me: I will. I hope it's misty.

Rose" "Gorillas in the Misty 5k?"

Me: Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment