Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Flower

Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
~ Stevie Wonder
- - - - -

I'm glad that my mom's name is not "Mary Gold." Because if it was and she was my flower of love like Stevie Wonder's mom is his flower of love, then she'd be the kind of flower that I don't like the smell of.  Now if her name was Lilac, that would be something different all together.

That said, I'd like her last name to still be Boettcher. Lilac Boettcher sounds like a cool character from a novel. Someone who runs the corner grocery and knows everyone's business. And the name of the store would be "Corner Store" because Lilac Boettcher thinks things should be called what they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment