Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2020

Perspective

If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- - - - -

So... This is the photo from my post yesterday. I had written that post months ago. Today, the tissue box has a different meaning. In our current context of TP hoarding by people who have not yet developed an understanding of community - at least not in the way that I understand it - this message rings true in new ways. We have all had conversations about toilet paper and who has it and who doesn't and where to get it and how much to buy at a time. 

Instead of a box of tissues saying "I'm there..." maybe we should be saying that to each other. Maybe we should work hard to stand by one another all the time, but also especially in times of crisis like right now.

(pause)

Not that I want my community standing right next to me when I actually run out of toilet paper. I meant that more philosophically and less literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment