Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2020

Walking

In the morning, I work for three hours then go for long walks in the afternoon - my thinking time.
~ Stephen King
- - - - - -

The other morning Leslie came in and I was sitting at my desk on the computer. Holding towels and the bathroom rug, she said, "I'm having a hard time this morning."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't get started and you've been at your desk for a half an hour and you've probably written two articles."

I encouraged her to come and look at what I was working on - my blog.

"Still..." she said.

Just a week or so earlier, she had shared with me an article the gist of which was, "Exercise first, then write." I shared that it was better for her to do something for a half an hour and then sit down to work than to sit down and work and do nothing productive for 60 minutes.

I did this to share back to her the wisdom that she shared with me. And also to make myself not feel so crummy for not writing two articles in the 30 minutes I'd been at my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment