Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Art

Art never responds to the wish to make it democratic; it is not for everybody; it is only for those willing to undergo the effort to understand it.
~ Flannery O'Connor
- - - - -

Leslie: So I guess one brand of glue stick is not the same as the next, huh?

Me: Nope.

Leslie: Some are better than others?

Me: Yep. 

Leslie: (holding up a skinny glue stick with glue glob balls on the end) And this is not one of the better ones, right?

Me: Yep.

Leslie: (murmuring to herself) I hate crafts.

But she loves reading and writing. Those are her forms of art. Also puppetry, but I try not to talk about that too much. If I do, she gets out the puppets and leaves them around the house and I get startled. 

I don't like being startled. Even though there is art in stARTled, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment