Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Up

Look up always, look back never.
~ karen quan
- - - - -

One morning Leslie and I went to the lake so she could swim while I journaled. When we left, I spotted a squirrel carrying something. It looked like some kind of animal and the squirrel had started eating it, but squirrels don't generally eat other animals. Turns out it was a big piece of watermelon rind. I watched the squirrel eat part of it and then it scampered up a tree. The squirrel, not the watermelon rind - though if that had happened I definitely would have blogged about that, too.

Anyway, the squirrel went up pretty high - maybe 12-18 feet. We watched it eating the rind. Then it dropped it. I was very sad for the squirrel. But Leslie said, "Well, now it's in two smaller parts, so it will be easier for the squirrel to carry."

I like that Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment