Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Travel



Because the greatest part of a road trip isn't arriving at your destination. It's all the wild stuff that happens along the way.
~ Emma Chase
- - - - -

When I was a child, and my parents were planning our family vacations (if we weren't renting a cabin and fishing somewhere), we would drive somewhere far away, look at something, and then drive back home again. 

That is why I like to travel by getting in a car and driving until I don't feel like driving and then exploring for as long as I want and then driving until I see something else that is interesting and exploring that. I may not go as far as other travelers, but I think I see more things.

(pause)

Maybe I don't see more things, but maybe I pay more attention to more things which ultimately is important to seeing them, right? So I guess I see more things. Like sometimes I see how my traveling companions get annoyed if I want to stop and look at something. I wouldn't see that if I didn't stop as often, now would I?
































No comments:

Post a Comment