Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Mornings

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
~ Marcus Aurelius
- - - - - 

Once upon a time this was my morning...

I woke up around 4 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and left for work around 5 a.m. My left rear tire said it only had 20lbs of pressure again. It was like that the day before, too. I went to QuikTrip to use the free air because I only had dimes and nickels. The free air didn't work.

I bought a soda and when I paid I leaned forward and asked the clerk, "When I get my change back, would it be possible to get a dollar in quarters?"

She said, "Yes. I thought you were going to ask me something much more ominous." 

I said, "Sorry. I guess that was a little dramatic."


No comments:

Post a Comment