Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Running


A year ago, I published the lines below along with a different photo of Lily running:

I'll be happy if running and I can grow old together.
~ Haruki Murakami
- - - - -

So when I was little my parents always told me not to run with a sucker in my mouth or I could fall down and choke and die. No one says that to dogs. People are  jerks. One of two things must be true - my parents were fun-killers who didn't want me to enjoy my candy with my full range of motion OR my parents hated dogs.

This was my mother's response:


I think that my mother is where I get my lying-ness from. Some of the above is fabricated. Like, "We always wanted you to have fun."

Bah!

It took me a year to post this because I was so furious, I think.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment