Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2023

Domestication

Eventually, the bed became very much theirs. A DIY success. But at the time, a rusted bolt in the rail had led to a hacksaw and an afternoon of clattering brass dismemberment that had somehow echoed her anxieties about the domestic arrangement -- its vague promise of deformation.
~ Mark Prins
- - - - -

I saw a social media post the other day where someone listed their life achievements - I think on their anniversary. It included things like:

5 different homes
2 wonderful kids
2 dogs 
1 DNP

A couple of things... First, apparently, the dogs are not wonderful. Second, I swore it said, "1 DNR" which I took to mean "do not resuscitate" (as opposed to Department of Natural Resources). I had a lot of curiosity about that. 

Why one DNR and not both? 
Who asked for the DNR? 
Why? 
It's none of my business why, but then why did DNR make the list?

Then I reread the post. I was still happy about their achievements, but far less curious about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment