Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gourds

When a gourd is hollowed out it becomes empty and is of great use to world because of its emptiness.
~ Dorothy Gilman
- - - - -

I hadn't thought about the value of emptiness until I read this quote. Why is empty considered negative? Or is it just me who has that negative connotation about emptiness? Could be. Sometimes it's just me a lot of the times.

But emptiness has room to accept, right? It has space to be flexible. It can be receptive. 

When one is full there isn't space for those things. Full is closed. Full is refusal. Full is complete.

I prefer to be incomplete. And I prefer to be a work in progress. I prefer to have room to receive new ways of thinking and seeing and being.

And present. I prefer to have room to get more presents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment