Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2018

Character

We are like chameleons, we take our hue and color of our moral character from those who are around us.
~ John Locke
- - - - -

I have been doing a lot of reflecting lately. I have been trying to take time to think about what I value, how I want to spend my time - especially my mental time - and how to make different things fit in ways that align with what I want to prioritize and what I value.

Kirk emailed me and asked how I was doing. I shared some things I was working through and some things I had been trying to figure out. He was wonderful, supportive, and asked me good questions. When he wrote back, I think he was encouraging me not to give time to people who don't lift me up and inspire me, but he didn't write "them," "him," or "her," at the end of the sentence. Instead he wrote this: 

Seriously though, don't waste your time with you.

(pause)

If that wasn't a typo, he might be one of those people I need to not give time to as this neither lifted me up nor inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment