Search This Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Interviews

In most cases, the best strategy for a job interview is to be fairly honest because the worst thing that can happen is that you won't get the job and will spend the rest of your life foraging for food in the wilderness and seeking shelter underneath a tree or the awning of a bowling alley that has gone out of business.
~ Lemony Snickett
- - - - -

Being "fairly honest" in an interview is good advice. Example below:

Interview question: Tell us about your leadership skills.

Fairly Honest Reply: I try to always work with my teams in a collaborative way to achieve the goals that we have set. I solicit feedback and am as transparent as possible as we or others make decisions that impact the work of our team.

Completely Honest Reply: (start with a fairly honest reply above). But also, when I was on the safety patrol in elementary school, I was much more dictatorial. I mean, those children's safety was in MY hands. They needed to listen to me! I was responsible for getting them to and from school safely every day. They can't stop to pet a dog or pick up a nickel when they're crossing the street. They needed to get the hell across the street to safety! Sometimes, I yelled. It was because I took my work so seriously. I mean, in that context, I really was the boss of them. The boss of their safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment