Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2024

Cars

All of those cars were once just a dream in someone's head.
~ Peter Gabriel
- - - - -

As I was driving home one day, I saw a man who had pulled over to check out a car that was for sale. It was parked near the road outside of the post office/grocery store parking lot. I only saw him for a moment before the light changed. What I saw him do, however, made me curious. The only thing I saw him check on the vehicle were the windshield wipers. 

(pause)

I am not and do not pretend to be a car expert. However, if I was considering buying a used car, I am confident that the windshield wipers would probably not be the thing I would prioritize. I probably wouldn't even look at them at all.

Perhaps he knows something I do not.

(pause)

Actually, I have to believe there are a lot of things he knows that I do not. We're not the same people, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment