Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Air

If you try to look up quotations about the air, don't enter "air quotes" or you just get a lot of photos of those finger quotes people use when they are being sarcastic or ironic or annoying.
~ Michelle L. Boettcher
- - - - -

Today the evening air was cool. The humidity had been broken by an unexpected thunderstorm that - while brief - was effective. After dinner and conversation, I sat in the living room and appreciated how the air felt. 

I decided to go sit on the sun porch with the slider open and enjoy the air a bit more. As I opened the slider, I saw the wasp I had killed earlier that day on it's back by the track of the door. It had disappeared when I sprayed it with Raid. I was pretty confident it was dead, but relieved that I found it's carcass.

While I felt that the air was lighter before, it felt even more so now that my nemesis - well, one of them - had been destroyed. If that makes me a superhero or a supervillain I am not sure. 

(pause)

Probably a superhero. Have you met me? Also, I am not sure supervillains ever really appreciate how the air feels unless it's filled with green laughing gas or something. And I don't like that much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment