Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2021

Characters

Smart people focus on the right things.
~ Jensen Huang
- - - - -
This is my nephew Zak (left) along with his cars Mickey (middle) and Donald (right). Zak loves his cartoon shows. I think he gets this from my brother. I don't remember all the cartoons Kirk used to watch. I know he likes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Scrooge McDuck, and Rescue Rangers and Muppet Babies and Scooby Doo.

(pause)

Maybe I do know all the cartoon shows he likes.

Anyway, one time when Kirk and I were children, we were traveling somewhere with the rest of our family. We had some trivia game and someone was asked, "Who are the master's of the renaissance?" - or something like that. I said, "I have no idea." 

Then Kirk, who was probably four or five said, "Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, and Raphael." 

I was - and I don't use this term lightly - gobsmacked.

"Is that when you knew Kirk was smarter than you are?" you ask. No. I asked him some long division problem to make sure he couldn't answer that. He couldn't. 

No, it was later that I realized he was smarter than I am. 


Also... like father, like son: 

No comments:

Post a Comment