Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Stanley

Stanley, Part 3: The Conclusion


Anyway, Stanley sent a bunch of postcards to a third grader and his classmates. I did think it was cool that I knew a guy named Jeff Brown (also the name of the author of Flat Stanley), so I sent a photo of a bunch of his name tags, too.

I know this series of posts isn't what I usually share, but I wanted to do something different. This is a great example of "Things don't happen TO you, they happen FOR you" which is something I have been trying to hold onto. I know that sometimes bad things happen to you. However, as the Stoics say, the obstacle is the way. Sometimes things happen that inspire you to be more creative than you would have been if things worked out the way you wanted.

One of the themes of my life has been MAIL. I love photos of mailboxes. I like to send mail. And in my life I have received some very strange mail. Mostly NOT terrifying. To me. My mom... well, she has been scared a few times. Like when I got Barbie parts in the mail. 

Barbie body parts. Unsolved mystery of Flat Stanley. So many unsolved mysteries involving the USPS. 

Yes. Yes, I DID say "Barbie body parts." But that's another story for another time.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment