Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Stanley

 Part 2: The Adventure Continues



Maybe it was for the best that Stanley got lost. As you can see, some of the photos I got of him weren't all that exciting. By a sign for a dam/reservoir. By a sign for a botanical garden. By a sign for Farm Bureau.

Since Stanley was lost, he would send postcards. Here are some of my initial thoughts inspired by Jared:

So, I was telling Leslie last night about some options and I said, "Jared suggested that maybe Flat Stanley got lost or something." I don't actually remember all the ideas Jared had, but I did think that maybe writing to schoolkids with messages like:

"I'm lost and scared. The only thing I can do is send letters."


"I don't know where I am right now. It's dark. And cold. And damp." 


"I'm so sad. And lonely. I keep thinking someone will come and help me, but no one does."


"Can't... hold out... much... longer..."


"A nice truck driver is giving me a ride. I hope he's not like the one that Kirk's mom always talks about."

No comments:

Post a Comment