Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Car

Be curious, not judgmental.
~ Walt Whitman
- - - - -
I saw this.  I'm not sure why it struck me.  I almost think it's the orange dust residue at the base of the fence.  It was a sunny day.  The leaves were changing.  

That car, though.  What's the deal with that car? Is the window broken? I don't think so because I think that carpet or blanket or whatever it is is rolled up IN the car window. What are they trying to protect on the seat from the sun?

Why didn't I go closer and get out and look?


Do they drive the car like that? Is it a homemade sunshade because someone who doesn't like sunlights rides in the passenger seat of that car? It is Dracula? Is it Dracula's chauffeur who put the carpet there? 

(pause)

I always thought if Dracula had a car it would be a different car than that. And I never pictured it with a piece of carpeting hanging off of it.

But maybe that clever Dracula realized I'd never suspect it and thus can get away with it and go undetected.

(pause)

No. I don't think that's it. I don't think Dracula ever thinks about me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment