Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2019

Experience

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson after.
~ Chinese Proverb
- - - - -

My first grade teacher's name was Mrs. Experience. She was indeed a very difficult teacher. When we went to the Colonial Bread Factory on our school fieldtrip, she ate her bread with butter, but we had to eat ours plain. 

Wait, no. That was Mrs. Martin. I never had a teacher named Mrs. Experience. I wish I would have had her, though. I bet she would have shared her butter.

(pause)

No. No, she'd probably have preferred marmalade. I bet she would have shared it though. And if she ate marmalade, maybe she would have been British. And then maybe I would have gone to elementary school in Great Britain. 

My life would be so different if I would have had Mrs. Experience as my teacher. I'd have a different accent at the very least.

On a side note... why is there a bellylaughing rabbit on this gravestone? It seems out of place with the angel statues.

Just as I was out of place with non-British elementary school classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment