Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Words

Kind words do not cost much.
Yet they accomplish much.
~ Blaise Pascal
- - - - -

I like words a lot. Words are pretty much how I do my work and make a living. I saw these words at my work posted above the recycling containers. I like that. It's art and sustainability all at once.

There are times when I don't like words, though. Certainly not when they are used as weapons to hurt instead of as tools to heal.

But I also don't like words when I am reading a paper and I write something like, "This is great!" only for the writer to say, "Well, you edited that and added it in on the previous draft." I feel like a jerk when that happens. 

I feel only slightly more like a jerk when I said, "This part isn't necessary and doesn't make sense," and someone responds, "Okay. Well, you were the one who wrote it and added it in the last time."


No comments:

Post a Comment