Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2019

Cafe

And the idea of just wandering off to a cafe with a notebook and writing and seeing where that takes me for a while is just bliss.
~ J. K. Rowling
- - - - -

I wonder how many J.K. Rowlings wandered off to the Slabtown Cafe with notebooks ready to see where it took them only to find the Slabtown Cafe closed and a no trespassing sign on the door? I wonder how many stories and characters and fantasies and dreams and worlds and ideas we lost because the Slabtown Cafe closed?

I don't know the answer, but someone should write a book about that. They could call it "The Cafe of Lost Dreams" or "Dinner Specials" or "Closed." I don't think they should call it "The Slabtown Cafe" because people would think it was a cookbook with a lot of ways to cook canned, processed meat products.

Of course, someone could write that book too. I would make it available only in hardcopy, though. If you sent it electronically, people would probably think it was just Spam.

(pause)

I would say I am sorry, but we both know that isn't true.

No comments:

Post a Comment