Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

Language

All you can do is try to be less crap at English.
~ Jason Dixon, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- - - - -

I like language a lot. I like to play with words to create new things.

For example, I'm going to write a story about a person who knows another person. (pause) Stay with me. I know the plot is weak at this point, but there is more.

Anyway, one of the people is named Sam. But then the other person gets a concussion and forgets Sam's name and everything about Sam.

I'm going to call the story "Samnesia."

I know that the title is the best part of the story, but I don't care. And you're not literature critic, so shut up.

And if you happen to actually BE a literature critic, shoot me an email and let me know what ideas you have for a good rest of this story.


No comments:

Post a Comment