Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Impossible


It is impossible to suffer without making someone pay for it; every complaint already contains revenge.
~Friedrich Nietzche
- - - - -

Sometimes when I do a blog I have a photo and then find a quote. Sometimes I find a quote and then look to pair it with the right photo. In this case, I have had the photo for a while. 

When I read this quote, though... Wow. It really struck me.

I can get sucked into negativity and complaining. While that may serve as a release in the moment, in the long term it just makes me feel worse. That's not to say that one should avoid pointing out injustice or cruelty. The point is to take action - and complaining is not action.

Like I complain about fruitcake sometimes, but do I take action to change it and eliminate it? I do not. That isn't productive.

Also, in the scheme of the world today, fruitcake is pretty low on my list of concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment