Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Floating

She was a mind floating in an ocean of confusion.
~ Caroline B. Cooney
- - - - -

So there was this kid's soccer team trapped in a flooded cave that got rescued. I was listening to the news about it and the reporter asked this other reporter guy if they would have to teach the boys to scuba dive in order to get out of the cave.

The guy's response was, "Yeah - that's an idea they've floated."


I'm not a reporter.  I was a journalism major for a few semesters. I don't remember a course specifically on word choice because I think that was something they talked to us about in every course. I'm not sure that "floated" was a very sensitive word choice in this situation.

The last thing those boys needed was to be reminded of Pennywise the Clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment