Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Color

When the color achieves richness, the form attains its fullness also.
~ Paul Cezanne
- - - - -

Okay, did I turn up the color too much on this photo? Probably. But I've always like to color things with bold colors. Like when I was in kindergarten and we were coloring a picture of a rocking chair. I think it was a rocking chair, that's how I remember it. But what a boring thing to color. Anyway, I pressed down super hard with my crayon because I thought the colors were prettier when you did that. Then my teacher, whom I shan't name, held up my picture and said, "Look class. You see this?" I was so excited she was going to praise my work. Then she added, "This is NOT how you color your pictures."

(pause)

Right? How awful to do to a little kindergartener.

Well, ultimately the joke was on her. Later when I started working in higher education, I kicked her granddaughter out of college for cheating on an exam.

(pause)

Okay, that second part didn't happen, but it WILL happen in the screenplay since I have to be a screenplay writer instead of a great artist because of the damage she caused me.



No comments:

Post a Comment