Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2020

Granny

It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.
~ Jules Renard
- - - - -

As we were waiting for the elderly people in front of us to find their seats, I whispered to Leslie, "Sometimes I can't tell the difference between 'old' and 'rude' people." Leslie said, "You're so right! I feel like that about my mom all the time! You should post that in your blog with a photo of her. Maybe she'll finally get the message and quit being so rude!!!"

I thought for a moment and then replied, "I think that is kind of passive aggressive. I didn't know you were that mean." Leslie smiled that super-evil smile and said, "My mom doesn't read your blog, I didn't think you were that dense!"

The above is a partially fictionalized account of an actual exchange Leslie and I had. I won't say what part is made up. Also - Hi, Pat Lewis!

No comments:

Post a Comment