Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2020

Jubilation

(photo by Kirk Boettcher)

I think every discovery of the world plunges us into jubilation, a radical amazement that tears apart the veil of triviality.
~ Judy Cannato
- - - - - 

I think this photo captures jubilation. Running, joy, curiosity. This is a celebration of life. We live in times of tremendous stress and anxiety. The olden times (before March 2020) were also times of tremendous stress and anxiety. We just have something to "blame" our stress and anxiety on in the midst of a pandemic.

But blame isn't really the point. 

To love the world we are in and to celebrate what works well in an effort to make more of that working-well stuff is the point. At least for me.

And if the point for you is something else, I hope that you can pursue that something else with the same jubilation as Zak is showing in the photo above. Because if you do pursue it like that, you are bound to catch what you're seeking and creating what you're dreaming of.

I just hope you're not dreaming of something flavored like black licorice because I can't support you in that dream, pursuit, or creation. You're on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment