Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2020

Horrible

The secret to happiness is to face the fact that the world is horrible.
~ Bertrand Russell
- - - - -

Of the horrible things I have done in my life, I think this is the story of the most horrible thing. While I believe the list of horrible things is short, it is intense. This is a quite horrible thing.


I once ordered this "game" of eating yucky candy. I was trying to give us something to do during the pandemic. I thought that during a time of isolation when many people were sad and lonely that if Leslie an I played this it might be fun.

Somehow I accidentally ordered two of the games, so I sent one to Kirk so that Leslie and I could play it from a social distance with Kirk and Jared and Zak.

At first it was fun and Zak got some good flavored candy - like marshmallow. When that happened, he was happy. I liked that part.

I also liked the parts where his parents got yucky candy. That made me laugh. 



I didn't like the parts where I got yucky candy (spoiled milk, toothpaste, rotten egg). I also didn't like watching Zak take a candy... Hope it was a GOOD candy...




And then realize it was a gross candy and spit it out.


And start to cry a little bit. He had some juice so the bad taste went away and Kirk told him not to cry and he didn't.

But he ate a vomit-flavored candy. Afterward not only did we agree I was a horrible person for hosting this event, but we all agreed we were all really worried that one of us would get the vomit candy first. 

NOTE: Immediately after this, I ordered some good Jelly Belly jellybeans for Zak to make up for what happened. I like to think that he's forgotten all about the bad event, but in my heart I know that it will probably affect his ability to trust for the rest of his life.

But I will work with him on that and try to make sure that he trusts me and just remembers that his parents are the ones who played the game with him in person and let that happen to him.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment