Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Change

Remember in the darkest moments, when the work doesn't seem worth it, and change seems just out of reach: out of our willingness to push through comes a tremendous power... Use it.
~ Stacey Abrams
- - - - -

I don't understand people who say that changing names of things or removing monuments erases history. What is covered in history books changes from one edition to the next. Who is covered in history depends on who is writing it.

And people don't even study history, so I don't know what they're complaining about. 

Well, I DO know what they're complaining about, but they don't like it when I point out their discomfort with getting rid of white supremacy. They're uncomfortable with talking about that part of history. 

So they erase it, I guess.

Change is hard. Especially in a pandemic when no one uses cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment