Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Watching


Dogs do know how comfortable you are with yourself, how happy you are, how fearful you are, and what is missing inside you.
~ Cesar Milan

- - - - -

Lily is always looking out for us. She lets us know when the neighbors park their car in an unusual place, when plastic bags have blown up against our fence, or when one of our chairs gets tipped over.

When we were on vacation, there were some kids staying in the cabin next door. With some adults. Anyway, one morning a boy - maybe he was nine? I don't know. I didn't ask. He looked like he might be nine. He was about to cross the little creek to the yard in front of our cabin. Lily growled. Before I could say anything, she did her mean repetitive bark. The boy ran up the edge of the creek and up the hill to his cabin. 

I think I heard him say, "I need to get into the pond. I just wet myself a little bit."

I think we all learned a valuable lesson:

The boy learned to be more aware of his surroundings.

Lily learned she can control who gets to come into her yard.

I learned I don't really know how to tell how old a kid is.

No comments:

Post a Comment