Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nice


Better a thousand times careful than once dead.

~ Proverb
-----
Maddie was on the safety patrol at her school. This made me particularly proud since not only was I on safety patrol in elementary school, my 6th grade year I was CAPTAIN of the safety patrol.
Anyway, I think Maddie can be one of the most caring and nice people ever. Children LOVE her.

When she was going into 4th or 5th grade, we got a call from her principal. The principal said, "I got a call from Mrs. So-and-So and her daughter is very upset she's not in Maddie's class this year. Is Maddie upset about that?" Chris said we didn't think Maddie was upset because she got the teacher she wanted, but we'd check. When we asked Maddie about it, she couldn't even remember for sure who the girl was.
And then there was the day Chris went to school and everyone came up and said, "Maddie is my best friend!" Seriously, like 3 kids said that.
Maddie definitely got the bulk of the nice. And I'm pretty sure it must have been environmental not genetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment